We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
To try Japanese cuisine with children, it is best to start with simple sushi recipes, such as the nigiri sushi with prawns. A recipe for children that is easy to prepare and in which they can collaborate.
Thus, in addition to cooking with the children and discovering an international meal, we can encourage them to eat fish, which they do not usually like. In this fun way you will teach them to be responsible and to take care of their diet.
- 400 gr. rice for sushi
- 60 ml. rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 gr. of prawns
- Soy sauce
Tips: You can use chunks of fresh tuna or salmon instead of the prawns.
1. Wash the rice several times, until the water runs clear.
2. Put plenty of water in a casserole and heat it over high heat, when it starts to boil add the rice and let it cook for about 15 minutes, as indicated on the package.
3. Let the covered rice rest for about ten minutes while the fish is being prepared. Wash the prawns well and make a vertical cut to open and unfold it.
4. In a saucepan, heat the rice vinegar with the sugar and salt until they dissolve, remove and reserve.
5. Mix the rice with the vinegar. Form balls with your hands, or make cubes with the help of a sushi mold. Place a shrimp on top of each one and serve with soy sauce.
Here are other fish recipes for kids.
You can read more articles similar to Nigiri sushi with prawns, Japanese cuisine for children, in the category of Fish on site.