We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
I find it hard to believe that children play less and more alone, and that the stage of childhood is increasingly limited and limited. What is going wrong? Why don't parents have a minute to play with their children? Is children's play with family and friends in crisis?
According to a new study on games and family leisure, it is the lifestyle of families that is responsible for the low rate of child gambling, at least in Spain.
I find it hard to believe that children play less but on the other hand I feel that it is not surprising. Children are increasingly bringing homework from school and / or doing extracurricular activities, and parents are working more and more, inside and outside the home. Of course there will be parents who, even if they have time, do not value the moment of play with their children.
Children do not have time to go to the park or to be in contact with other children to play. Decreased opportunities to play with friends prevents, according to the study “Game and Family”, Carried out by the Children's Play Observatory, that children develop their emotional and social skills. Children need to play with other children for their integral development and not just for fun.
- A third of Spanish children play alone and begin at the age of 3 and 5 to play with electronic devices.
- 78.7 percent of children prefer to play with other children (neighbors, friends or classmates).
- 59.9 percent prefer to make family plans together.
- 50.8 percent choose to watch television.
Regarding playing with others, the study reveals that children generally play more with adults than with other children their age.
- 4.1 percent of children play with their neighbors.
- 63.8 percent play with their siblings.
- 27.4 percent play with colleagues and friends.
- 53.2 percent play with their parents.
- 59.1 percent play with mothers.
According to Petra María Pérez, professor of Educational Theory at the University of Valencia, the game with parents is different since they let themselves be won and it does not have the benefits of playing among equals such as respect for the norm, the development of creativity , etc.
Parents should get their children to play with other children of the same age. Apart from that, it was observed that the older the parents' age, the more preferences children have for electronic games.
- Between 9 and 11 years old they play video consoles (58.6 percent).
- Between 6 and 8 years old they play with other children (84.9 percent).
- Between 3 and 5 years they play with other children (85.9 percent), watch television (49.7 percent) and use consoles (38.4 percent).
- They are with their parents (65.4 percent).
- They watch television (54.6 percent).
What do you think. What does your child play and with whom?
You can read more articles similar to Children's play with family and friends: is it in crisis?, in the Games on Site category.