We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The first six years of a child's life They are a spectacular marathon of development, both on a physical and cognitive level and on a psychological and social level. Children learn at high speed and develop motor, social and cognitive skills that will mark their future personality in part.
Guiainfantil.com has summarized in a table the changes of boys and girls throughout these first six years of life.
- From 0 to 6 months: During the first months of life, when the child experiences more changes, especially in the psychomotor field. During the first 3 months of life the baby is totally dependent on the parents. You need them to feed yourself and begin to discover the world around you. From 3 months on, however, his learning marathon begins. The baby begins to interact with the people around him and discovers that his actions involve a reaction. He begins to smile, to stick out his tongue, to ask with his arms to be held in his lap ... He is able to stay seated with support, and then he will be able to do it without it.
The babbling also begins. The baby will try to match phonemes with greater or lesser success.
- From 6 to 12 months: The 6 to 12 month stage in the discovery stage. The baby begins to crawl, and as he approaches one year of age, he will be able to stand upright and even take a few steps.
Increases your independence and curiosity to explore everything. Hence, he puts it all in his mouth. It is a stage of risks and you have to take it into account and prepare the house to avoid accidents.
Language also advances and the baby learns new words. Learn to say 'mama', 'papa' and to name and point to other objects. They also discover that they are not alone, that there are more children, and although still shy, they begin to interact with them.
- From 12 to 24 months: The child finally begins to walk. Now a new world opens up before him. His autonomy increases and he realizes that he is capable of doing many things by himself. However, he is approaching the stage of tantrums and jealousy. Still unable to understand certain rules and limits.
During this time he shows a great attachment to his parents.
- From 2 to 4 years: During this stage, social and cognitive development takes on great relevance. They begin to interact more with other children and discover the artistic field: painting, books ... And as for language, they are finally able to form sentences, although they often 'stumble' and are not able to express their thoughts in order.
- From 4 to 6 years: At last they begin to dominate all fields, both the language, the psychomotor and the cognitive. They are able to jump, climb and dance with ease. They express thoughts and refine their drawings and artistic representations. They seek out other children because they love collective play.
You can read more articles similar to Table of the development of children from 0 to 6 years, in the category of on-site development stages.